The first step in emergency preparedness for individuals who may need assistance in a disaster.
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET READY?
- Assemble a Go Bag with your ID, important papers, medication in labeled containers, and important contact information (cell phones may not work in a disaster). Keep your go bag updated.
- Make a Household Plan by going to www.ready.gov for checklists and preparedness guides. Your plan should identify evacuation routes and places to stay.
- Make Plans for Your Pets before an emergency and ask your local emergency manager about pet sheltering. A service animal with a current rabies vaccination will be permitted in shelters. For more tips, visit:
- Register with the Public Alert Systems in your community (e.g. Reverse 911, Swift911, NJ 2-1-1, Nixle) through your county or local Emergency Management Office. Text “ReadyNJ” to 898-211 to get text alerts on how to prepare for emergencies and stay informed during the next disaster.
- Inform your electric utility provider If you have medical equipment that requires power.
- Visit ready.nj.gov today to better prepare for local email@example.com
Stay tuned to local news, radio or television stations for timely disaster information.
Register Ready is:
- Secure and confidential,
- Protective of your privacy,
- Used by emergency managers to plan for DAFN concerns.
be ready for tomorrow!
Update your information at least annually.
In a life threatening situation, don’t wait for help — call 9-1-1.
WHAT IS REGISTER READY?
Register Ready is a free, secure, voluntary database designed
to help emergency managers and first responderrs plan for and support people with disabilities and access and functional needs (DAFN) who may need assistance in the event of a disaster.
You (or someone on your behalf) are encouraged to register if you have a physical, developmental, cognitive or behavioral impairment, language barrier, or transportation challenge that may make it difficult for you to safely shelter in place or evacuate in a disaster.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Permanent and seasonal NJ residents with DAFN who may need help evacuating, sheltering in place or at a public shelter, or requiring emergency assistance should register. Individuals with a temporary disability, such as high-risk pregnancy or other serious medical condition, should register.
HOW CAN I REGISTER?
- Go to: www.registerready.nj.gov
- Telephone 2-1-1 (within NJ), or 877-652-1148 toll free (TTY/TDD and translation services available)
- Contact your County Office of Emergency Management
- Contact your local Center for Independent Living.
WHO SEES MY INFORMATION?
Register Ready complies with all laws to protect your privacy and personal data. The emergency management community, which includes public health officials and first responders, has access to Register Ready for planning and coordination.
HOW IS MY DATA USED?
Communities use Register Ready in a variety of ways. Emergency managers and trusted personnel may use the information to plan, send public messaging, assist with evacuation, and support sheltering and post-disaster recovery. After registering, contact your local Office of Emergency Management to learn how staff utilizes Register Ready and what you can do to enhance your own preparedness.