CARE MANAGER/DDD SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Heightened Independence and Progress (hip) administers programs that benefit people with disabilities by providing ongoing care management or support coordination services through assessment, linkage and coordination with community resources.
The SUPPORT COORDINATION PROGRAM assists families registered with the NJ Division of Development Disabilities in identifying and optimizing available services.
SUPPORT FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING provides services directly to individuals between the ages of 18 and 59 to enable them to optimize control over their lives
The SENIOR AND CAREGIVER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM focuses on caregivers or individuals with disabilities, one of whom is age 60 or over, to assist them in securing appropriate services that will maximum their quality of life.
An individual is currently being sought to join the Care Management Team at our Hackensack Office on a full-time (Monday through Friday) basis and carry out the responsibilities noted below:
- Receive referrals and, as appropriate, determine program eligibility.
- Conduct home visits to gain a full understanding of all needs.
- Develop a comprehensive coordinated care plan with the consumer/family.
- Identify and provide linkage with all community supports
- Monitor the delivery of services on an ongoing basis to ensure that the consumer’s needs continue to be met.
- Maintain full case records.
- Participate in trainings, conferences and meeting, etc.
- Other duties as necessary.
The Candidate must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field, MSW preferred. Prior experience in human services delivery and knowledge of community-based services is required. An understanding of issues faced by people with disabilities is essential. The individual filling this position must be self-directed, detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and computer skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus. Valid Driver’s License required.